The region of Bordeaux She is seductive, charming, elegant, sometimes arrogant, but also peasant and rural ... she has many facets. It reflects the spirit of Bordeaux and from Bordeaux, a spirit fruit of the contact between aristocrats and peasants, English and Dutch merchants, and harvesters. If you leave the city and decide to take any direction, we will find ourselves in the middle of vines.
"Each châteaux, each cru, each denomination has a unique personality and originality".
The vineyard in Bordeaux It is divided by two Y-shaped rivers. The branch on the right is the Dordogne, and the left the Garonne. The area to the left of this Y is the "classic" zone, which was classified in 1855, and where are the great Châteaux belonging to the nobility: Graves y Medoc . The area on the right, the Libournais, it is less ancient and more "plebeian", dominated by Saint-Emilion and Pomerol: so plebeian that it was not even considered at the time of the classifications of the vineyard. The area between the clubs of the Y is called "Between two seas".
And to taste some wines from these wonderful lands, Vinoteca organized a splendid event with great personalities coming from Bordeaux and we celebrate an exclusive tasting with bottles of this French region, recognized worldwide for the excellence of its wines.
The chosen place was Au Pied de Cochon, where three experts prepared a perfect food pairing. They were: Frédéric Lobjois, chef de cuisine; Fabrice Bottois, restaurant gérent and Pedro Poncelis, maître sommelier.
The tasting menu consisted of:
- Endive salad with pears and Macadamia nut in Roquefort cheese dressing
- Château de Fieuzal White 2010, Pessac Léognan
- Carpacio of salmon and snook with the aroma of thyme
- Château de Fieuzal 2007, Pessac Léognan
- Lobster salad with tarragon coral vinaigrette
- Château Giscours 2006, Margaux
- Duck foie gras sealed with sauteed red berries
- Château du Tertre 2006, Margaux
- Risotto with black truffle from Norcia
- Château Beychevelle 2008, Saint Julien
- Grilled sea bass fillet, mashed potatoes, roasted apples, morels Calvados sauce
- Château Lynch Bages 2007, Pauillac
- Lamb ribs, grilled fennel and candied vegetables skewer
- Château La Conseillante 2007, Pomerol
- The selection of the house of ice cream and exotic fruits
- Château Doisy-Védrines 2008, Sauternes